Friday, June 26, 2009

Dr. Martens are these Grunge Boots uber cute?

Dr. Martens have been around since the 60's and have worked their way in and out of fashion, but is their comeback worthy of praise or complaint? I have never liked Dr. Martens; they are just so large and chunky I feel soldiers should be wearing them, not trendy girls. Having said that, I have to admit that they do look nice with many outfits bringing a grunge edge.

I just got the new Teen Vogue in the mail yesterday (yay!), and these shoes were on everyone's feet. It made me rethink my stubborn position against the boots. Here are some Dr. Martens styles that I approve of--and secretly want to try out.

This look is a tad dark and emo, but the chic bag and blazer tone down the dark skinny jeans and boots.
Credit: Teen Vogue


This trend filled look is transformed by the Dr. Martens to a stylish girly tomboy.
Credit: Independent.ie


These everyday outfits are paired with Dr. Martens in bright colors for a fun twist on grunge.
Credit: Dr. Martens

Comment and let me know what you think of Dr. Martens. Do you own any? What is your favorite outfit including these boots?

1 comment:

pRiYaN...! said...

oh dose boots adds 2 ones style....
cute ones !


-bluffmaster

www.gr8bluffmaster.blogspot.com