Friday, July 10, 2009

My Summer Goal, and Whatnot

It is about the middle summer, and I have to take the time to ask myself what I have done so far. When I think about it what comes to mind is a whole bunch of nothing, other than working that is. Sure, I went tubing a few times and went to an amusement park, but that hardly counts as a productive summer.

Yay for Summertime!Photo Credit: Olstein Thomassen


What I need to do is sit down and list my priorities and figure out what God wants me to be doing. I am sure just going to work is not the summer vacation he has planned for me. Jeremiah 29:11 has really brought things into perspective for me. It says, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (NIV).

It is promising to realize that God really does want good things to come from my life. I can try to screw it up on my own, but by trusting in God and following his plan I will be prosperous and hopeful.

As my faith is renewed I am going to update more frequently. I know I have been saying this to myself for the past year, but this is the turning point. Get ready for me to be Bringing You Sunshine more often!

No comments: